Monday, May 5, 2008

A Personal Interview with an Old Friend of Griffin

Me: Hello, Dr. Kemp.
Dr. Kemp: Hello.
Me: I understand you had a friendship with Griffin.
Dr. Kemp: Yes, I did. We went to school together.
Me: How had he changed since the last time you two met when you found him wounded in your house?
Dr. Kemp: Well, of course he was invisible. But I find it hard to say even that he was the same man. I would not have thought of it unless he had said so himself. Something inside him was terribly broken and wrong.
Me: Interesting… do you think that he was good at heart when he started the project?
Dr. Kemp: Well, that’s a very hard question. He may have been just after the pursuit of knowledge, which is my opinion, but he made this bad by making himself the only benefiter from his project. Also, my personal conviction is that knowledge for the sake of knowledge is bad.
Me: Did he start out bad? Did he end up bad?
Dr. Kemp: I think he was good at the beginning of his life. But the desire for knowledge and domination got a hold of him and ruined him.
Me: Do you think that he may have had any chance at changing back to good?
Dr. Kemp: Perhaps if he really wanted to. But even if he were given the chance he would have refused. He was wretched, but the pursuit of power was too great on his mind.
Me: Ok, thank you for your time.
Dr. Kemp: My pleasure.

No comments: